The IRS Form 4506-C should be filled out according to the instructions printed on the form.
- A 1040 is a transcript for an individual person, or a couple who filed jointly.
- 1065 and 1120 or 1120S transcripts are for businesses.
Each of these transcript types are different. Please read the IRS Form 4506-C to see the differences.
Line 6 should only have one tax form number per request. If you are requesting a business transcript (1065, 1120, or 1120S), the form should be filled out with the business name, EIN and address used to file the business tax returns. The individual who signs the form needs to have a Valid Title printed in the Title field under their signature
If you are requesting a 1040 transcript, the form should be filled out with the name, SSN and address of the taxpayer (see instructions on the form). Line 6 should say 1040 only. You need to check box 6a, 6b, or 6c depending on the type of transcript you want to order.
- 6a to order the Return Transcript
- 6b to order an Account Transcript (TOA)
- box 6c to order a Record of Account (ROA).